Featured Image from The Spruce / Meg MacDonald
You’ve already purchased the ideally beautiful cylinder vase to gift it, but how could you wrap a cylindrical vase in a paper that appears pleasant and smooth? Even if a present doesn’t fit neatly into a box, it just takes a few minutes to transform an irregularly shaped item into a lovely wrapped gift. While a cylinder-shaped object can be recognized immediately, why not wrap it uniquely? So the recipient could use their imagination to guess the exact object. Well, here are the easiest and most commonly used three ways to wrap a cylinder vase as a gift:
– Wrapping it as a Fan Fold
Consider using the fan fold wrapping for your cylinder vase if you want an elegant appearance, following the below-mentioned steps:
- Getting the gift wrapping measurement right is the most important step in understanding how to wrap a cylindrical present. Place the present on the paper, making sure the paper wraps around the entire cylinder vase using the item as a reference point. When cutting the paper, leave at least a half-inch of additional paper. Make sure that the paper you cut for the gift’s ends may easily reach the center of the gift on both sides.
- After cutting the paper, ensure that the vase is positioned in the center of the length of the wrapping paper. Tape the paper around the present before wrapping it around the cylinder vase. If the vase moves during this procedure, feel free to relocate it closer to the center.
- Begin at one end of the cylinder vase and fold the paper into the center using the seam. Hold down this piece with a finger while pulling the edge of the paper toward the center with the other hand. The paper should fold into a fan-like shape with pleats. Use a finder to fold each pleat around the center of the cylinder vase. Once finished, repeat this process for the opposite end of the present.
- If the fan fold’s pleats are a little haphazard, it is simple to cover them up by inserting a little circle in the middle of the end. Feel free to add a bow, ribbon, or additional decoration.
– Wrapping it as a Candy-Twist Fold
This is one of the simpler methods to wrap various cylindrical products displayed horizontally. You can wrap the cylinder vase as a candy twist by following these steps:
- Place the cylinder vase on the paper, using it as a guide to make sure the paper wraps around the entire vase. When cutting the paper, leave at least one side with half an inch of extra space. Make sure that the paper you cut for the gift’s ends may easily reach the center of the gift on both sides.
- The cylinder vase should be covered with paper. After cutting the paper, ensure the item is positioned in the center of the length of the wrapping paper. Tape the paper around the present before wrapping it around the cylinder vase.
- Begin by twisting the extra paper on one end of the present. To avoid ripping or tearing, it is best to finish each end separately. To keep the paper from unraveling, tape the twisted section of the paper together. After completing this, flare out the extra paper to give the gift a candy-like appearance.
- After addressing any problems, tie a ribbon around each end to further secure the twists and give the present wrapping a lovely finishing touch.
– Wrapping it in a Classic Gift Bag
The fact that you’re selecting a gift bag does not exclude the item from appearing professionally wrapped. Here are some ideas for people who enjoy the practicality of gift bags.
- Set the gift on the tissue paper, making sure the paper wraps completely around the cylinder. Leave at least a half-inch of excess paper on each side when cutting the paper. Ensure there is enough paper when cutting it for the gift’s ends to encircle it completely.
- It’s crucial to pick a gift bag that is suitable for the item’s weight and will completely conceal the present. Ensure the entire present fits in the bag without having too much extra because you shouldn’t let the recipient have a sneak peek.
- Whether the gift is upright or on its side, place it in the bag’s middle in the proper location. A wine bottle or cookie jar should be held upright to prevent spills.
- Flare the ends sticking out of the bag to give the present a flowery appearance. Once you’ve finished, feel free to put a bow on top and a ribbon around the handles, and you’re ready to go!
Cylinder vases are a great option for gifting someone a unique and wonderful present. It is also very convenient to pack a cylinder vase as compared to other flower vase shapes. But if you are keen on more options, check out flower vases on our site to experience the best variety.